Funded by a Leverhulme Trust Project Grant
NX 690 511 (accurate position)
Six-figure easting & northing
Kirkcudbright, eccles., Kirkcudbright (0 miles)
Angel Hill, Kirkcudbright (0.12 miles)
Kirkchrist, ~eccles. Kirkchrist, Twynholm (0.94 miles)
Kirkchrist, former parish, Twynholm (0.94 miles)
Kirkchrist, settlement, Twynholm (1.2 miles)
Parish (extant in 1975)
Is linear feature?
Relationships with other parishes
Contains Dunrod, former parish, Kirkcudbright
Relationships with other places
Contains Angel Hill, Kirkcudbright
Contains Kirkbride, ~eccles, Kirkcudbright
Contains Kirkbride, settlement, Kirkcudbright
Contains St Michael's Glen, Kirkcudbright
Contains St Michael's Kirk, Kirkcudbright
Kirkcudbright KRB now includes Dunrod DXR and Galtway GWX.
Known also as the church of St Cuthbert of Desnesmor, it was granted to Holyrood Abbey by Uchtred 1160 x 1164. A perpetual vicarage was erected in 1274, this being served by a canon from time to time. See Cowan 1967, 119 for more details and references. Kirkcudbright KRB now includes Dunrod DXR and Galtway GWX.