Oldhamstocks, parish

Grid reference

NT 737 706 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

373700 670600





Nearby places

St Mary's Collegiate Church, Oldhamstocks (1.95 miles)

St Michael's Cemetery, Innerwick (2.24 miles)

Innerwick, parish (2.3 miles)

Cockburnspath, parish (2.31 miles)

Old Cambus, former parish, Cockburnspath (4.09 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?


Relationships with other parishes

Contains Cockburnspath, parish (formerly)

Parish details


Parish TLA



East Lothian

Medieval diocese

St Andrews

Parish notes

Included the chapel of Cockburnspath CBP BWK (see Rep. on State of Certain Parishes, 102). A parsonage in Bagimond, the church remained unappropriated, lying within the patronage of the earls of Bothwell in 16th century (Dunglass Writs no.1). £5 from the parish teinds were, however, allotted to the collegiate church of Dunglass in 1451, while Abbey St Bathans held many teinds within the parish. CPL x, 219 etc.. Cowan 1967, 159. Dedicated to St Michael acc. to Ash 1972, 382. See 1627 Rep. on State of Certain Parishes, 101-3 for several place-names within parish not on O.S. Landranger. Various changed effected in 1891: 1. Luckieshiel and Monynut were in OHS but in BWK. These were transferred to ELO. See Shennan 1892, 314. 2. Butterdean, Blackburn (woodlands and part of farm), Grant’s House (mill, offices, houses and lands), Grant’s House Station: all these were transferred from Oldhamstocks OHS to Coldingham CHM, while remaining in BWK. See Shennan 1892, 319.