St John's Logy, eccles., Rafford

Grid reference

NJ 015 552 (assumed location)

Six-figure easting & northing

301500 855200

Latitude

57.576338994180176

Longitude

-3.647256558164551

County

Morayshire

Nearby places

Meads of St John, Edinkillie (0.38 miles)

St John's Pool, Edinkillie (0.43 miles)

Altyre, former parish, Rafford (1.24 miles)

Dyke & Moy, parish (1.97 miles)

Dalvey, settlement, Dyke & Moy (2.18 miles)

Object Classification

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NMRS records the dedication of the chapel to St John the Baptist., on the northern edge of the Meads of St John which lay on the east bank of the River Findhorn and in the parish of Rafford (Name Book 1871). Remains of a building and the discovery of human skeletons here in the 1960s. The place is shown on Roy's map (1747 x1752) as 'Loggie'.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Rafford, parish

Relationships with other places

Adjacent Meads of St John, Edinkillie

across the River Findhorn

Adjacent St John's Pool, Edinkillie