Funded by a Leverhulme Trust Project Grant
Barr, modern parish
NX 275 941 (accurate position)
Six-figure easting & northing
Kirkdominae, eccles., Barr (1.58 miles)
Pinmerry, settlement, Girvan (2.21 miles)
Tormitchell, settlement, Girvan (2.8 miles)
Pindonnan, relief, Barr (4.1 miles)
Kilkerran, settlement, Dailly/Dalmakerran (4.13 miles)
Parish (extant in 1975)
NGR for the church, built circa 1650, to serve the newly created parish of Barr.
Relationships with other parishes
Contains Dailly, parish (alias Dalmakeran)
Contains Girvan, parish
Relationships with other places
Contains Craigmawhannal, hill, Barr
Contains Kilbride Knowe, Barr
Contains Kirkdominae, eccles., Barr
Contains Pindonnan, relief, Barr
Barr [not in Cowan 1967 nor in OPS], erected in 1653 out of the parishes of Girvan and Dailly.
Contains Kirkdominae NS25 92. The upper (eastern) part of Colmonell parish seems now to be represented by Barr parish BAR.