Funded by a Leverhulme Trust Project Grant
NS 887 800 (accurate position)
Six-figure easting & northing
Falkirk, ~eccles, Falkirk (0 miles)
St Francis Xavier's Church, Falkirk (0.2 miles)
Marywynde, Falkirk (0.43 miles)
Lady's Mill, Falkirk (0.45 miles)
Bothkennar, ~eccles. BKX now Grangemouth (2.03 miles)
Parish (extant in 1975)
NGR for the site of the medieval church, demolished in 1810 (NMRS, Canmore ID: 46913).
Relationships with other parishes
Contains Denny, modern parish
Contains Denny, modern parish (formerly)
Contains Grangemouth, modern parish, aka Polmont (formerly)
Contains Muiravonside, modern parish (formerly)
Relationships with other places
Contains Catrin Burn, Falkirk
Contains Falkirk, ~eccles, Falkirk
Contains Lady's Mill, Falkirk
Contains Marywynde, Falkirk
Contains St Francis Xavier's Church, Falkirk
Contains St Helen's Loch, Falkirk
Names1 head-name linked to this place ?
Certainty that this name applies to this place
The status of this name is
Is this a current OS form? ?
Is this the original referent of the place?
Is the association of this name to this object hypothetical?
Relationships with other place names
Derives from Fawkirk, Falkirk, ~eccles, Falkirk